Friday, February 15, 2013

Let me tell you a Tale...

Fans and customers often ask me what I do when I am not making miniatures for Pixie Dust Miniatures to sell to collectors.

Well I thought it might make a good post topic!

When I'm not making minis here or working as a VFX artist, I work at a small production company (which I actually founded) called Tall Tales Productions. We make miniature model sets and character sculpts for other production companies and some private collectors also.

We're currently working on our own short film called 'Myrtle the Witch' which is being made using several miniature sets and hand-sculpted characters made by us to our own designs. We're filming it here in Los Angeles using green screens and adding visual effects. It will be available in 3D also.

So, if you're interested in seeing miniatures in motion and miniature filmmaking, then follow the Tall Tales blog or find us on Facebook and stay connected! The main website is here.

Stills from 'Myrtle the Witch' showing her pet snail.
The Tall Tales Productions website...

Me (Caroline) shooting miniatures...

Me working on non-miniature projects (which occasionally happens!) and below an original ogre sculpture

3 comments:

  1. The first scene is very funny!
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and am following you now. Love the orge! If you get a chance jump over and check out my blog Just a Small Thing. Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete